Friday, January 16, 2009

Pictures and Commentary!

This is the south gate of the campus.
This is the shower and bathroom facilities. Please note the hanger on the shower as this is how I have to dry my clothes seeing as how dryers seem to be non-existent in Beijing.
This is the view from my porch. YAY! Industrialism as well as the black lung.
Obligatory dorm picture 1.
Obligatory dorm picture 2: it's spartan, but home for now.
The campus is located in a pretty industrial part of town, so there isn't much to look at, but here it is.

A park in Beijing. I forgot its name and the district it's in. Maybe tie shan hua?
The lake is frozen over! This is a rarity for me!

Jingshan park outside of the Forbidden city. The most famous park in Beijing.

View from the top.
Summer Palace.

Funny story: We saw these Chinese people playing with what appeared to be a Chinese version of a hacky sack. We asked to play and they lent us another one they had. It was a lot of fun. I think its called a "jianzi."
Taichi.
Tian'anmen Square.

It's Mao Zedong!
Wangfujin.

An awesome mall that had 8 floors!

YAY! Mission accomplished. Da Shi Dai food court.

These are a small fraction of the pictures I have. It takes too long to upload here in China. The internet sucks.

-Aaron

1 comment:

Jill Turner said...

YAY!

Loved the pictures and Ps - Loved my shout out!

MISS YOU!